SmartRG 505N: Modem Setup(Bridged)
Posted by George Chu on 30 January 2015 10:13 PM
***A separate stand alone router is require for bridged mode***
1) Reset the modem to factory default condition by holding the reset button on the back of the unit for about 30s.
2) Open a web browser on your computer (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and go to the address http://192.168.1.1
3) Click on the "Advanced Configuration" link located in the top right corner of the screen.
4) You will now be prompted to enter a username and password, by default these are as follows:
5) remove the PPPoE VDSL WAN service:
Click Advanced, WAN service, "Remove" check box and "Remove" button.
6) Add a new Bridged WAN service:
Click the Add button:
WAN Service Interface Configuration
Select a layer 2 interface for this service
Note: For ATM interface, the descriptor string is (portId_vpi_vci)
For PTM interface, the decriptor string is (portId-high_low)
Where portId=0 --> DSL Latency PATH0
portId=1 - -> DSL Latency PATH1
portId=4 - -> DSL Latency PATH0&1
low =0 - -> Low PTM Priority not set
low =1 - -> Low PTM Priority set
high =0 - -> High PTM Priority not set
high =1 - -> High PTM Priority set
7) Your Smart RG 505n modem is now bridged! Please setup your third party router to perform the required PPPoE connection.